Google
 
Friday, January 11, 2008
Clean Well With Clean Well
In light of all the toy recalls and chemical scares lately, I'm concerned about what I buy. I'm not a freak about it, but if there is a safer alternative and it's not outrageously expensive, I'll give it a try.

But I have to admit that I'm skeptical. Vinegar just doesn't clean my floors as well as my usual cleaner, although it works great on windows. So when PBN gave me the chance to review Clean Well's new All-Natural Antibacterial Foaming Hand Wash, I came into it with an open, but cautious mind.

Clean Well sent me 3 of their Foaming Hand Washes and 2 bottles of their spray sanitizer - 1 large and 1 travel size. I received the Ginger Bergamot, Lavender Absolute, and Orange Vanilla. The hand wash bottles are striking. I love color, so right away I realized that Clean Well has put some serious thought into what people want today. The labels also come off the bottles easily, so they look nice in your kitchen or bathroom.

Now let's get to what's different about Clean Well. Clean Well is all natural. The antibacterial agent in the soap is Thymus Vulgaris Oil. Of course, the name makes me immediately think of a stripper down at the Gentleman's Lounge, but it's actually from the thyme plant. Clean Well is triclosan free even though most other antibacterial agents on the market contain it. If you don't know what Triclosan is, go ahead and Google it or click the link. Go ahead. I'll wait.

OK. I bet you use antibacterial gel on your hands and maybe your kids' hands, right? And then the kids stick them in their mouths. Uh huh. Plus, some believe that overuse of Triclosan could lead to resistant bacteria, just like with antibiotics. Triclosan free is good.

Now you're asking, "How is the soap?" It's great. It's a foaming soap, so it lasts longer, my kids can use it without me worrying about them squirting half the bottle into the sink. Plus, it smells great. I don't know about you, but if a soap just smells nasty or mediciney, I'm not going to use it. But these smell nice. My personal favorite is the Ginger Bergamot, which has a sort of musky, floral and citrus smell. The smells are a tad bit heavy and I'd be really happy if they came out with a slightly lighter smell, but that's the only thing I could think of to improve.

The best part? You can buy Clean Well at Target. You can also buy an assortment of the Foaming Hand Wash online for $13.99, but I love that I can pick it up at Target on my weekly diaper-and-too-many-other-things-I-really-don't-need run.
add to sk*rt


3 Comments:

Blogger joker the lurcher said...

i've got reservations about cleaning stuff too and there have been programmes on tv recently about how ghastly the stuff they put in is. so i've been cleaning with borax in hot water with a bit of lavendar oil and tea tree oil thrown in. i find it brilliant. for windows i use vinegar in hot water which seems brilliant although i hate the smell!

Blogger Michele said...

I've been using Shaklee all-natural cleaning products for years and finally agreed to become a distributor. I love these products and they really do work. I'd love to send you a bottle of the Basic H to review if your interested. You can check out my site for details on the products: http://www.shaklee.net/micheledegani

Let me know what you think.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I needed an excuse to go to Target. And FINALLY! A worth while product that is easily obtainable. if I have to pay shipping on an item because I can't get it at a local store. . .you've lost me! Actually Target has been great about carrying more organic type products!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer