Google
 
Sunday, August 19, 2007
How to Sunscreen a Toddler
  1. Lure toddler into living room with the promise of M&M's.
  2. Reach for toddler, miss, and chase him around the house for 20 minutes.
  3. Find toddler hiding in the pantry behind the cat food.
  4. Grab toddler and drag him kicking and screaming out of the pantry.
  5. Put toddler in time out for biting finger off.
  6. Chase toddler again, corner him, and wrestle to the ground.
  7. Coat half an arm with sunscreen.
  8. Lose grip on greasy toddler.
  9. Chase toddler again.
  10. Continue steps 1 through 9 until toddler is fully coated.
  11. Sneak a shot of vodka.
  12. Repeat every two hours.

Sound familiar?

I recently had the opportunity to review KINeSYS sunscreen for PBN. I received a full size 4 ounce spray, a 1 oz cream for kids, a sunscreen stick, and a 1 oz spray for kids, all with 30 spf. It works great.

I used the full size spray on myself. It coated quickly with no rubbing and dried in under a minute. Good, but I'm much easier than two squirmy toddlers. The true test for KINeSYS was H&H.

At the zoo this weekend, I tried out the small kids' spray on H&H. What I loved? The spray is nice and wide and covered a toddler leg with a couple of quick squirts. It was almost as easy as using an aerosol sunscreen, which is important to me. Have you ever tried to cover a 3 year old with cream sunscreen quickly? Yeah, it's not possible. (See list above.) I'd have to physically restrain Hollis in order to use a cream on him. We've been using spray sunscreen since he was an infant, but they're still slow and it seems like the nozzle gets clogged if you turn the bottle the wrong way. If a bottle of sunscreen clogs, it gives H&H precious seconds to escape. (See list above again.)

In contrast to the brand we were using before, the KINeSYS covered both kidlets in a matter of seconds.

The sunscreen also held up to several hours in the sun combined with several trips through the zoo fountains. No burns.

I wasn't able to try out the stick sunscreen. I like the idea of a stick sunscreen in theory and thought that it would be nice for the kids' faces. Do you think they sat still long enough for me to apply it? (See list above. Again.) I ended up squirting the spray into my hands and applying it to their faces. I didn't even bother to apply the cream to the kids. I knew it wasn't going to happen. (See list above for the final time.)

Overall, I really liked this sunscreen. If I can find it in stores, I'll use it again in the spray form. If it helps me avoid the sunscreen battle, it's priceless!

"Sunscreen? We don't need no stinking sunscreen!"

Now I hope y'all aren't expecting me to include poop in every review. I try my best, but I just couldn't figure out how to work it into a sunscreen review. Sorry.

Labels: ,

add to sk*rt


5 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

We went to the World Famous Zoo this weekend as well. Poop was definitely in our vocabulary, especially at the Primate Compound.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried sticker bribes? That, and explaining that it kept getting in his eyes and mouth because he moved so much finally ended the war in our house. Of course, he still prefers not to wear shorts whenever possible... He's figured out I don't do his legs when he wears shorts.

Blogger Julie @ Letter9 said...

What a picture! I just love that tongue sticking out all curled up. Now doesn't that make the wrestling of greased pigs, er, toddlers all worth it?

Blogger Christine said...

i'll have to check it out for the ingredients. we are sunscreen crazy around here a little malignant melanoma can scare the crap out of a sun loving mama!

thanks for the review.

Blogger Syd said...

That's REALLY funny. Reminds me of the monthly ordeal of putting Frontline drops on my dog.

Um...not that I'm comparing your child to...oh, never mind.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer